01 November, 2010

Army Nails

Hi everyone, I have an exam tomorrow, which I haven't finished preparing for so just a quick update today.

Yesterday, I stumbled onto this youtube tutorial on Army Camo nails and liked it so much that I decided to give it a try. It may also be because I had to skip halloween and stay in to study that I decided to dress up my nails to celebrate instead.

Anyway, on to the result!



I used 2 coats of Essie Sew Psyched as the base color. I then used a dotting tool to draw on the black.



Then, using the same technique with the dotting tool, I drew on random patterns using Essie Merino Cool and Chinchilly for the other colors. Part of the reason why I decided to do army nails is because of these colors that I was wearing previously.



Finally, I topped everything off with 1 coat of Essie Matte About You to achieve that matte look that is more suitable for the army theme. Clearly, I did not wait long enough for the polish to dry because I smeared some of the black.

The smudges really annoy me but I don't have the time to try to perfect it so I'm forced to live with it.



So here is the finished product. I hope you enjoyed this manicure. Thanks for reading! ❤

13 comments:

  1. This is sooo super cool! I love it!! Really original :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, this is so amazing! I love it. I've never seen this done before. Truly unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Grace! Sorry I wasn't in here like a month ago to comment! I love camo! I love the matte look on these so much. Really have to give this one a try! I hope your exams have gone well and wishing you a Merry Christmas!
    JQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you already or know this or not. Zoya is having a promotion 3 nail polishes for free on their website, you only have to pay for shipping. The code you enter during checkout is FB2011. :) ENJOY


    Just browsing and love those nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Miss Amazing Grace! I've awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award! Check out my blog NO NAKED NAILS for more details. You're super talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I am your new follower and also I wanted you to check out my nail art blog. I did something similar to this but not in matte. It'd be under camo or camouflage in my keywords list @ imobsessedwithnails.blogspot.com Good job, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you are so talented at nail art! Nice blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an awesome design! I might have to try it in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap, that is AWESOME! Now I need a dotting tool. And Merino Cool & Chinchilly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like the idea.

    Please follow me.
    http://pocket-full-of-candies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete