27 August, 2010

Blue Hues

Comparison post!

I actually took these photos before I filed my nails down to the nubbies (which is growing out satisfactorily, if I might add). I decided to compare Essie Lapis of Luxury with China Glaze Secret Periwinkle.

To be honest, when I first got Secret Periwinkle, I was quite disappointed because it looked so plain and blue in the bottle. However, when I painted it on my nails, I was delighted to find that it is actually a little purple!



I then decided to get Lapis of Luxury because I wanted a blue of this sort and I'm happy with it even though it kind of pales in comparison to Secret Periwinkle.

These were 3 coats each, if I remember correctly. As you can plainly see, Secret Periwinkle has a tinge of purple to it whilst Lapis of Luxury is a more true blue.

The difference is not too obvious because these polishes are actually quite similar.



However, in certain light and upon closer inspection, one will definitely notice that Secret Periwinkle has much more depth to it and is more interesting due to the a slightly more purple hue.


Well, that's it for this post. Sorry for the abrupt end, and as always, thanks for reading! ❤

2 comments:

  1. I love baby blues. It's so weird because though it feels like I have soso many polishes whenever I open my box, but I really don't have much for variety. Several oranges, metallics, darker blues, greens, vampies. Really want some browns and pastels as well as a true red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for a true red as well! I'm thinking of OPI The Big Apple. I read that it is a true red, in between blue and orange tone, so that anyone no matter what skin tone can pull it off.

    ReplyDelete