20 August, 2010

Zoya Gaia

I've had Zoya Gaia on my lemming list for quite awhile now and my lemming craze basically compelled me to go on eBay and search for it. That then subsequently lead to a purchase of 6 other Zoya polishes. I know, it's bad. I have a nail polish problem... ツ

But anyway! As I've mentioned, I'm currently wearing Zoya Gaia and I'd like to show you what it looks like. So here are some pictures of this gorgeous polish.






It's a soft slightly off-white sheer polish with gold microshimmer that is iridescent when it catches light. It's not stark or chalky like some other whites (OPI Alpine Snow, for example), and is actually quite delicate.





This is 4-5 coats, I've lost count along the way. It is quite difficult to build up the opacity because this polish is very sheer. And although I don't think it's too visible in my photos, if you're not careful enough while layering on the coats, the uneven layers might show.



But I do think that it is worth the effort of painting so many layers. Just look at that shimmer!



Some more pictures just to illustrate the beauty of Zoya Gaia. I don't know why my fingers look so red, I think it's just the lighting in this photo.



I don't know if you can see the shimmer at the top part of the bottle, but the above picture is just to illustrate the iridescent quality of the shimmer. And the one below as well, to show how it looks like in dim (yellow) light.







And finally here's a photo of the label.



I've dispensed with the usual greetings at the start of posts because I'm starting to feel weird going 'Hello', 'Hi' and 'Hey there' every time. I hope that doesn't affect anything! But I will keep my tagline at the end. So...

I hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading! ❤

1 comment:

  1. thanks for swatching this, beautiful color!!

    ReplyDelete